Join the Team
Energy Action Coalition is seeking dynamic and passionate people to join our team! Below are the current opportunities to join Energy Action Coalition central staff, interns, and fellows:
Check back often as we frequently add new positions.
You can also check out our Jobs Board here for opportunities with our partners and other allied organizations.
Power Shift 2016 - Orlando Recruitment and Logistics Lead
LOCATION: Orlando, FL (preferred) or Washington, DC
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling until hired
POTENTIAL START DATE: June 20, 2016
POTENTIAL END DATE: Late August 2016
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: 20 hours to start, 30-40 hours first two weeks of August, Temporary
COMPENSATION: $17.50-$25/hr DOE
We are seeking a smart, organized, ambitious organizer and event manager to support recruitment and on the ground logistics for the first in our series of four regional Power Shift this summer and fall. The Orlando Recruitment and Logistics Lead will be responsible for recruitment for the Southeast Power Shift.
ABOUT ENERGY ACTION COALITION & POWER SHIFT 2016: RECHARGE
Founded in June 2004 by youth climate leaders, the Energy Action Coalition (EAC) mobilizes the collective power of the millennial generation to stop climate change and create a just, clean energy future and resilient, thriving communities for all. To learn more visit http://www.wearepowershift.org/ and http://www.powershift16.org/
The primary objectives for the conference include:
- Engage and elevate the diversity of stakeholders in the climate movement through the recruitment process, keynote selection, partner and ally engagement, trainings and workshops, and arts and cultural events and spaces. PS16 will highlight the solidarity of the Millennial Generation to stand with those most impacted by climate change and the fossil fuel economy.
- Recognize and understand the broken cultural, economic and political systems that are at the root of climate change and other injustices by ensuring that a rights-based social justice and climate justice analysis is at the forefront of the Power Shift 2016.
- Prepare participants with the concrete skills and tools necessary to be effective at creating change at the local, regional, and national level through trainings/workshops, regional/topical caucuses, online infrastructure, and follow-up, and provide straightforward opportunities to connect to campaigns and projects that affect concrete change.
- Grow our movement and escalate the pressure elected officials, presidential candidates, and other local targets as part of a long-term strategy that grows our power. Power Shift will set the stage and be a launching point for young people who want to engage in 2016 electoral work.
The Detroit Power Shift R&LL will work with the staff team at Energy Action Coalition to support the Power Shift Coordinator by taking the lead on on-site logistics and recruitment leading up to the gathering.
- Participate in weekly regional and bi-weekly national coordinating calls to update stakeholders around updates and participate in decision making processes
- Work with EAC’s Digital Organizer and Power Shift Interns around digital recruitment efforts
- Identify opportunities for recruitment throughout the region and coordinate recruitment efforts for the region
- Utilize existing student/youth networks in and outside EAC space and through regional organizing team to boost registration numbers
- Build connections both with organizations and groups inside and outside the traditional climate/environmental space to recruit attendees
- Work with venue to ensure that there is smooth, consistent communication among the venue and EAC and the regional coordinating team.
- Work with EAC team to bottomline registration process at the event
- Oversee the table sales and manage set up/break down
- Assist in the development of a volunteer plan and manage volunteers during the event
- Work with caterers and other vendors
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with event planning, proven track record of meticulous multifaceted logistics management
- Highly organized, responsive, and attentive to small details
- Takes initiative and thinks creatively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to move work forward independently but thrive in a team environment
- Familiarity with the youth climate movement
- Experience with consensus-based decision-making.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Orlando Recruitment and Logistics Lead” (if you don’t include just these words, we might miss your application due to our email filters) in your email subject line.
Energy Action Coalition is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, low-income persons, LGBT persons, differently-abled people, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply to all open positions.