Energy Action Coalition is a coalition of 30 youth-led social and environmental justice organizations working together to build the youth clean energy and climate movement.
Working with hundreds of campus and youth groups, dozens of youth networks, and hundreds of thousands of young people, Energy Action Coalition and its partners have united a burgeoning movement behind winning local victories and coordinating on state, regional, and national levels in the United States and Canada.
Energy Action Coalition is comprised of 30 youth-led environmental and social justice organizations. To learn more about them, check out our Partners page.
Energy Action Coalition was founded in 2005 by youth activist leaders from across the country to build a powerful youth movement focused on solving the climate crisis and addressing environmental justice. Since then the coalition has hosted national Power Shift summits and coordinated on collaborative campaigns like the Campus Climate Change, Power Vote, and the campaign to stop Keystone XL. Read more about our work and history.
Energy Action Coalition is committed to building a diverse and inclusive movement to solve the climate crisis and address environmental and economic injustice. We strive to follow the Principles of Environmental Justice, the People of Color Environmental Justice Principles of Working Together, the Bali Principles of Climate Justice, and the 10 Principles for Just Climate Change Policy in the U.S. Read more about our principles.
The coalition is supported by a small central staff. To learn more about them, visit our Staff page.
- Maura Cowley, Executive Director
- Kristina Banks, Operations & Development Coordinator
- Isabelle Johnson, Chief Operating Officer
- Tina Johnson,Senior Director of Environmental Justice and Programs
- Whit Jones, Campaign Director
- Pat Kennedy, Ohio Student Environmental Coalition Coordinator
- Kendall Mackey, National Tar Sands Organizer
- Jeff Mann, Online Director
- Andrew Nazdin, Field Director
- Mary Schellentrager, Divestment Campaign Coordinator
- Joe Solomon, Social Media Coordinator & Trainer
- Zakee Thomas, Creative Director