Join the Team
Energy Action Coalition is seeking dynamic and passionate people to join our team.
Below are the current opportunities to join Energy Action Coalition central staff and fellows. Check back often as we are frequently adding new positions.
Check out the Jobs Board on the right for opportunities with our partners and other organizations.
LOCATION: Washington, DC or flexible if able and willing to travel to DC regularly
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling until hired
POTENTIAL START DATE: January 13, 2014 or as soon as possible
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate on experience
Energy Action Coalition is seeking a smart, ambitious and experienced Online Director to lead Energy Action Coalition’s and Power Shift’s online strategy and operations. The Online Director will be charged with growing and maintaining Energy Action Coalitions’s online program to support the youth climate movement, our partners, and our campaigns and projects like Power Shift and the WeArePowerShift.org online community. We’re looking for someone who has the strategic insight to drive outcome-oriented and hard-hitting campaigns, build and manage online infrastructure, and the experience and commitment to support grassroots organizations and volunteers in building long-term power towards change.
ABOUT ENERGY ACTION COALITION
Energy Action Coalition is a coalition of 25 youth-led social and environmental justice organizations building a generation-wide movement to take on the climate crisis, and fight for environmental justice. We host the national Power Shift summits, the WeArePowerShift.org online community, and support youth leadership on climate and energy.
Drive Online Strategy
- Work with our staff and partners to plan and implement online strategies that support our organizational goals and campaign work
- Lead the growth and improvement of our online performance through data-driven iteration and best practices
- Train, brief and engage our staff, coalition partners and grassroots leaders on the best practices and new innovations in online organizing
Oversee Web Development & Maintenance
- Maintain and develop all Energy Action Coalition websites, including WeArePowerShift.org and including day-to-day updates and bug-fixing
- Plan and execute major upgrades with support of partners and outside vendors
- Support management of mission critical web, data and technology systems
Support Online Communications & Advocacy
- Implement email blast and online action strategy to drive key campaigns, expanding the influence and reach of the movement
- Work with grassroots leaders to build and grow leadership within the WeArePowerShift.org online community
- Support social media engagement
- 3-5 years of experience in online organizing
- Experience building and maintaining websites, particularly in Drupal
- Experience working with diverse constituencies, including grassroots activist organizations, young people, and People of Color
- Strong overall technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with online advocacy tools and CRM systems such as Salsa or ActionKit
- Enjoy working under pressure, problem solving, and figuring out how to get things done
- Grassroots organizing experience with a climate, issue-based or electoral campaign
- Experience designing and supporting user-led online campaigns
- Data management experience, particularly using VAN
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Online Director” in your email subject line.
Energy Action Coalition is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, low-income persons, LGBT persons, differently-abled people, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.