Join the Team
Energy Action Coalition is seeking dynamic and passionate people to join our team.
Below are the current opportunities to join Energy Action Coalition central staff and fellows. Check back often as we are frequently adding new positions.
Check out the Jobs Board on the right for opportunities with our partners and other organizations.
LOCATION: Location flexible, Washington, DC preferred
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling until hired
Energy Action Coalition is seeking a new Executive Director to lead and support our coalition to take our work to the next level! We are looking for someone who is ready to fight for climate justice both in the streets and in the board room, and is ready to mobilize young people to flex their power at the ballot box, and with bold direct actions. You will work with the 25+ incredible partners of Energy Action Coalition and a staff team of ten to continue to build a big, bold and powerful movement that can run and win campaigns to fundamentally shift the power of our country and put young people at the center of driving a new, clean energy economy.
The Executive Director’s primary duties and responsibilities include:
Drive Strong Campaign Work With Staff and Partners:
- Work with staff team and coalition partners to plan and execute strong grassroots campaigns and programs
- Represent the coalition’s campaign work to the media, partners and decision-makers
- Create a culture of on-going evaluation and striving for excellence, and ensure the work continues to advance Energy Action Coalition’s core mission and theory of change
Develop and Maintain Strong and Diverse Community Relationships:
- Advances the work of Energy Action Coalition’s commitment to anti-oppression, environmental justice, diversity, and inclusion within the staff team and broader coalition space
- Continue to build the diversity of Energy Action Coalition and its partnerships
- Oversee annual re-granting process where partners receive funding from Energy Action Coalition for strategic coordinated efforts
Manage Dynamic Staff Team and Ensure Strong Working Environment:
- Coordinate a fast-paced, nimble team that includes campaign, communications, partnership and operations staff
- Work with team to manage a dynamic, fun, and inclusive organizational environment that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top talent
Work with Board of Directors to Ensure the Coalition Remains Strong:
- Lead fundraising for the coalition, including prospecting, building relationships with donors, and overseeing grant documentation and administration
- Ensure that the coalition is fiscally sound and adeptly manages both financial and legal risks
- Work closely with the Board of Directors on annual and long-term financial planning and tracking
The Executive Director reports to and is managed by the Coalition’s Board of Directors.
Energy Action Coalition is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to anti-oppression and environmental justice. We believe a diverse, inclusive climate movement is the key to our success and we seek to be proactive in engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, low-income persons, LGBTQ individuals, differently-abled people, and others from a rich mix of backgrounds. People from these backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
LOCATION: Washington, DC or flexible if able and willing to travel to DC regularly
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling until hired
POTENTIAL START DATE: January 13, 2014 or as soon as possible
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate on experience
Energy Action Coalition is seeking a smart, ambitious and experienced Online Director to lead Energy Action Coalition’s and Power Shift’s online strategy and operations. The Online Director will be charged with growing and maintaining Energy Action Coalitions’s online program to support the youth climate movement, our partners, and our campaigns and projects like Power Shift and the WeArePowerShift.org online community. We’re looking for someone who has the strategic insight to drive outcome-oriented and hard-hitting campaigns, build and manage online infrastructure, and the experience and commitment to support grassroots organizations and volunteers in building long-term power towards change.
ABOUT ENERGY ACTION COALITION
Energy Action Coalition is a coalition of 25 youth-led social and environmental justice organizations building a generation-wide movement to take on the climate crisis, and fight for environmental justice. We host the national Power Shift summits, the WeArePowerShift.org online community, and support youth leadership on climate and energy.
Drive Online Strategy
- Work with our staff and partners to plan and implement online strategies that support our organizational goals and campaign work
- Lead the growth and improvement of our online performance through data-driven iteration and best practices
- Train, brief and engage our staff, coalition partners and grassroots leaders on the best practices and new innovations in online organizing
Oversee Web Development & Maintenance
- Maintain and develop all Energy Action Coalition websites, including WeArePowerShift.org and including day-to-day updates and bug-fixing
- Plan and execute major upgrades with support of partners and outside vendors
- Support management of mission critical web, data and technology systems
Support Online Communications & Advocacy
- Implement email blast and online action strategy to drive key campaigns, expanding the influence and reach of the movement
- Work with grassroots leaders to build and grow leadership within the WeArePowerShift.org online community
- Support social media engagement
- 3-5 years of experience in online organizing
- Experience building and maintaining websites, particularly in Drupal
- Experience working with diverse constituencies, including grassroots activist organizations, young people, and People of Color
- Strong overall technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with online advocacy tools and CRM systems such as Salsa or ActionKit
- Enjoy working under pressure, problem solving, and figuring out how to get things done
- Grassroots organizing experience with a climate, issue-based or electoral campaign
- Experience designing and supporting user-led online campaigns
- Data management experience, particularly using VAN
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Online Director” in your email subject line.
Energy Action Coalition is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, low-income persons, LGBT persons, differently-abled people, and other people from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds and communities are strongly encouraged to apply.